The Crashing Practice Administrative Conference
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Livestream Virtual Event
8:45 a.m. - 1 p.m. EDT
About The Crashing Practice Conference
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Interested in becoming part of the administrative team?
Looking for best practice tools to help you develop the skills required to a successful leader?
Already in a leadership position and interested in collaborating with other ED leaders?
If you find yourself answering yes to any of these questions, you don’t want to miss the third annual “Crashing Practice” administrative development conference sponsored by the University of Maryland, Department of Emergency Medicine. After you have soaked up all of the clinical learning at the Crashing Patient, take a morning to expand your understanding of the “big picture” in the practice of emergency medicine.
This conference will showcase numerous high yield, relevant topics such as:
- Management strategies for thriving amid unexpected challenges
- Best practices in quality initiatives
- Successful problem solving during difficult times
- Leveraging telemedicine to maximize ED operations and patient care
- Building a Freestanding ED
Learning objectives for this conference are:
- Present best practices on various topics in ED administration, including creating a culture of resiliency, managing unexpected challenges, building a freestanding ED, optimizing quality improvement initiatives, problem solving through interdepartmental collaboration, and establishing telemedicine.
- Engage nationwide leaders in ED administration to discuss particular challenges to, and strategies for, creating and maintaining a sustainable ED practice while optimizing revenue and financial success.
- Apply the leadership skills and tactics presented in this conference to real-life scenarios to highlight specific tricks of the trade and nuances to their application as learned through over 50 years of collective experience from involved faculty presenters.
Format: Didactic, interactive sessions led by nationally-recognized leaders in ED administration.
Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your leadership expertise and your value to your practice!
The Crashing Practice Schedule
|8:45 - 9 a.m.||Welcome||Brian Browne, MD|
|9 - 9:40 a.m.||Administrative Pandemic M&M||Stephen Schenkel, MD|
|9:40 - 10:20 a.m.||Enduring Leadership: Values and Principles of the Mayo Model||
Laura Pimentel, MD
|10:20 - 11 a.m..||Making an Offer They Can't Refuse: Pitching to the C-Suite||Rhamin Ligon, MD|
|11 - 11:15 a.m.||Break|
|11:15 - 11:45 a.m.||Managing Change: Building a Freestanding ED||Reginald Brown, MD|
|11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Building Telemedicine for Your ED||Anthony Roggio, MD|
|12:15 - 12:45 p.m.||Cases in ED Administration||
Angela Smedley, MD & David Gatz, MD
|12:45 - 1 p.m.||Wrap up & Closing Remarks|